Evaluate Market Situation
Given the context of the current acquisition environment as a backdrop, 20/20 Outlook assesses the Company's current market situation:
- What target market or markets does the Company serve? Are these markets clearly defined? Are they horizontal or vertical markets?
- Have those markets' driving problems been adequately identified? What forces or situations exist that indicate a motivated prospective buyer?
- Exactly who is the audience for the Company's products? Has the target audience been clearly identified, including characteristics of qualified buyers?
- Do the Company's offering present an unambiguous value proposition to the target audience? Can that value be described clearly and succinctly?
- Who are the Company's key competitors? What is the extent of overlap? Are the competitors likely acquirers at some point?
- How well do the Company's competitors solve the target markets' problems? What are their strengths? What are their weaknesses?
- Why and how is the Company's solution set better than its competitors? What are the key differentiators that enable the company to occupy a defensible market position?
- What is the market's perception of the Company? How are the press and analysts portraying the Company? How is the Company perceived vis-à-vis competitors?
Gain more insight from
20/20 Outlook's blog.